HemoVoid™ - Hemoglobin Depletion Reagent Kit
- Hemoglobin voids in flow-through >98%, with <30 minute bind/wash/elute protocol
- Hemoglobin removal from whole blood, hemolyzed serum and red cell lysates for proteomics study
- Enrichment of hemoglobin variants.
- Low abundance protein and enzyme enrichment
- Disposable, cost-effective
- Mild elution maintains tertiary structure and simple transfer to secondary analysis
- Removes hemoglobin from species including human, sheep, bovine, goat, etc.
- The eluted fractions retain their enzymatic and biological activity
HemoVoid™ , a silica-based protein enrichment matrix, removes hemoglobin from erythrocyte lysate samples while concentrating low abundance, and/or low molecular weight proteins. The HemoVoid™ protocol uses
mild buffers; the protocol conditions are so gentle that native enzyme activity is retained in elution fractions.
HemoVoid™ derives from a silica-based library of individual mixed-mode ligand combinations (ionic,
hydrophobic, aromatic, polymer). The library was designed to facilitate weak binding of proteins, allowing for rapid elution from the matrix without any foreknowledge of the variety of proteins contained in the starting
sample. HemoVoid™ depletes hemoglobin from red cell lysates while improving the resolution of less
abundant blood proteins.
Mizukawa, B., George, A., Pushkaran, S., Weckbach, L., Kalinyak, K., Heubi, J. E. and Kalfa, T. A. , Cooperating G6PD mutations associated with severe neonatal hyperbilirubinemia and cholestasis.
Pediatric Blood & Cancer.
Stephen D Levene2 and Steven R Goodman1Exp. Biol. Med. 2011;236:580-591 doi:10.1258/ebm.2011.010394
Ordering information ;
1. 10 Preps
2. 50 Preps
3. 100 Preps
* 300µL of samples can be processed per prep.