OmniPrep™ Genomic DNA Isolation
The OmniPrep™ kit isolates high quality genomic DNA from many different species and tissue types
including animal, plant, bacteria, yeast, fungi, whole blood, and cells in culture. DNA can be isolated from
samples high in polysaccharides or other contaminants that are difficult to remove from the DNA
The kit uses a rapid precipitation technique that uses unique precipitation reagents to isolate genomic DNA
free from proteins and RNA. Pure genomic DNA is isolated in 20 to 40 minutes, depending on the tissue
sample type used. The resulting genomic DNA is visualized on an agarose gel as a large single band,
demonstrating the high quality and minimal shearing of the technique.
The OmniPrep™ protocol contains individual protocols for the each different sample type and instructions on
how to adapt for large sample volumes.
OmniPrep™ isolates genomic DNA from a wide range of tissues and samples, including Yeast, Fungi,
Nucleated blood cells from bird, fish & frog, Plant tissues (fresh or frozen, rich in polysaccharides),
Mammalian tissues (fresh or frozen), Ethanol or formalin fixed tissues, Mouse tail, Blood, >Gram negative
bacteria, Blood stained & bodily fluid stained material, Paraffin embedded tissues, Cultured cells, Soil and
Gram positive bacteria.
• High Yield: ~100kb genomic DNA
• A260/A280 between 1.8 & 2.0
• Adaptable for variety of samples: plant, bacteria, fungi, mammalian tissues, cells & blood
• Simple two tube method: 20-40 minutes
• No toxic chemicals, no phenol, no hazardous waste
• Suitable for ~150 preparations, depending on sample
• Extraction of pure genomic DNA from cells & tissues, plant, fungi, bacteria, whole blood & other samples
• Extraction of high quality, 100kb genomic DNA
Instruction sheet (PDF)