Aspartate Aminotransferase (AST or SGOT) Activity Colorimetric Assay kit
Sensitive Assay, HTS
Aspartate aminotransferase (AST), also known as Glutamate-oxaloacetate transaminase (GOT) is a
transaminase (EC 220.127.116.11) similar to the more liver specific alanine transaminase (ALT). Although commonly
included clinically as part of a diagnostic liver function test, AST has a broader clinical utility since it may
also be elevated in diseases affecting other organs, such as the heart or muscles in myocardial infarction,
also in acute pancreatitis, acute hemolytic anemia, severe burns, acute renal disease, musculoskeletal
diseases and trauma. It catalyzes the reaction.
Aspartate + α-ketoglutarate ⇔ Oxaloacetate + Glutamate.
Diagnostically, it is almost always measured in units/liter (U/L). In AST Assay Kit, an amino group is
transferred of from aspartate to α-ketoglutarate. The products of this reversible transamination reaction are
oxaloacetate and glutamate. The glutamate is detected in a reaction that concomitantly converts a nearly
colorless probe to color (λmax = 450 nm). The kit provides a rapid, simple, sensitive and reliable test suitable
as a high throughput activity assay of AST with a detection limit of 10 mU per well.
• Simple procedure
• Fast, reliable and convenient
• Sensitive assays for measuring AST/ SGOT activity in various biological samples and the kit is also
suitable for high throughput analyses.
Application & Specifications
• This assay detects AST/ SGOT with a detection limit of 10 mU per well.
• Detection method- Absorbance (450 nm)
• Sample type- Cell and Tissue culture supernatants, urine, plasma and serum, as well as many other
biological fluids, etc.
• Species reactivity- Mammalian
• AST Assay Buffer
• AST Enzyme Mix
• AST Substrate
• Glutamate Standard (0.1M)
• AST positive control
- Storage Conditions: -20°C
- Shipping Conditions: gel pack
- Usage: For research use only. Not for use in humans
Aspartate Aminotransferase (AST or SGOT) Assay kit