Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT or SGPT) Activity Colorimetric/Fluorometric Assay kit
Sensitive Assay, HTS
Alanine aminotransferase (ALT) is a transaminase enzyme (EC 184.108.40.206). It is also called serum glutamic
pyruvic transaminase (SGPT) or alanine transaminase (ALAT). ALT is found in serum and in various bodily
tissues, but is usually associated with the liver. It catalyzes the reaction:
α-ketoglutarate + alanine ⇔ glutamate + pyruvate.
It is commonly measured clinically as a part of a diagnostic liver function test to determine liver health.
Diagnostically, it is almost always measured in units/liter (U/L). In ALT Assay Kit, ALT catalyzes the transfer
of an amino group from alanine to α-ketoglutarate, the products of this reversible transamination reaction
being pyruvate and glutamate. The pyruvate is detected in a reaction that concomitantlyconverts a nearly
colorless probe to both color (λmax = 570 nm) and fluorescence (Ex/Em = 535/587 nm). The kit provides a
rapid, simple, sensitive, and reliable test suitable for high throughput activity assay of ALT with a detection
limit of 10 mU per well.
• Simple procedure
• Fast and convenient
• Sensitive assays for measuring ALT activity in various biological samples and the kit is also suitable for
high throughput analyses.
Application & Specifications
• The kit detects ALT with a detection limit of 10 mU per well
• Detection method- Absorbance (570 nm) or Fluorescence (Ex/Em 535/587 nm)
• Sample type- Cell and Tissue culture supernatants, urine, plasma and serum, as well as many other
biological fluids, growth medium, food etc.
• Species reactivity- Mammalian
• ALT Assay Buffer
• OxiRed Probe (in DMSO)
• ALT Enzyme Mix
• ALT Substrate
• Pyruvate Standard (100 nmol/µl)
• ALT positive control
- Storage Conditions: -20°C
- Shipping Conditions: gel pack
- Usage: For research use only. Not for use in humans
Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT or SGPT) Activity Assay kit