Glutathione Reductase Activity Colorimetric Assay kit
Highly Sensitive Assay, HTS
Glutathione Reductase (GR, EC 18.104.22.168) catalyzes the NADPH-dependent reduction of oxidized glutathione
(GSSG) to reduced glutathione (GSH), which plays an important role in the GSH redox cycle that maintains
adequate levels of reduced GSH. A high GSH/GSSG ratio is essential for protection against oxidative stress.
HansaBioMed’s Glutathione Reductase Assay Kit is a highly sensitive, simple, direct and HTS-
readycolorimetric assay for measuring GR activity in biological samples. In the assay, GR reduces GSSG to
GSH, which reacts with 5, 5′-Dithiobis (2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB) to generate TNB2- (yellow color, λmax =
405 nm). The assay can detect 0.1 – 40 mU/ml GR in various samples.
• Simple procedure; takes ~ 30-40 minutes
• Fast and convenient
Application & Specifications
• The assay can detect 0.1 – 40 mU/ml GR in various samples.
• Detection method- Absorbance (405 nm)
• Sample type- Cell and Tissue culture supernatants, urine, plasma and serum, erythrocyte lysates, as well
as many other biological fluids etc.
• Species reactivity- Mammalian
• GR Assay Buffer
• 3% H₂O₂
• TNB Standard (5 mM)
• GR Positive Control (10 mU)
- Storage Conditions: -20°C
- Shipping Conditions: gel pack
- Usage: For research use only. Not for use in humans
Glutathione Reductase Activity Colorimetric Assay Kit