Samples that contain a large abundance of albumin, such as plasma and cerebrospinal fluid, tend to mask
identification and discovery of other less abundant proteins in two dimensional gel electrophoresis and other
studies. AlbuminOUT™ has been specifically developed for substantial removal of albumin from such
The albumin removal method is based on the binding of albumin with Cibacron Blue dye. AlbuminOUT™ has
been optimized for removal of human albumin from samples. AlbuminOUT™ uses a rapid spin column
method, where each column contains 0.2 milliliter dye-bound resins with capacity of greater than 2
milligrams human albumin per column. AlbuminOUT™ will remove over 98% albumin from five to 50
microliters human plasma. The spin column format allows removal of albumin within ten minutes.
The high capacity blue dye-binding resin allows instantaneous binding and removal of albumin from human,
pig, sheep, dog, rabbit, rat, and bovine samples. AlbuminOUT™ may also be used for removal of albumin
from other species.
• Rapid spin column format albumin removal in under 10 minutes
• Binding of albumin with Cibacron Blue dye
• High capacity blue dye binding resin for instantaneous binding and removal of albumin.
• Column capacity: >2mg human albumin per column
• Removal of >98% albumin from biological samples such as human plasma and cerebrospinal fluid
• Optimized for removal of human albumin
• Albumin removal from non-human species, including pig, sheep, dog, rabbit, rat, bovine and other samples
• Sandilands, E.A. et al (2012) BMC Clin. Pharmacol. 12:3
• De Palma, A. et al (2010) J. Chroma A. 1217:5328