For the In-Gel Tryptic Digestion of Silver Stained Proteins
A reliable method for the proteolytic digestion and subsequent extration of silver stained proteins in gel for
subsequent analysis by mass spectrometry.
The protein spots are first excised from the gel and transferred to a proteomic grade tube. Silver stained gel
pieces are washed with SilverOUT™ to remove inhibitory silver ions and then the gel pieces are treated with
our proprietary Trypsin-Digestion Buffer Mix, a mixture of our mass spectrometry grade trypsin and an
optimal digestion buffer, which ensures reliable and efficient protein digestion.
The resulting digested peptides are extracted with Pep-Extract™, a high diffusion peptide extraction buffer.
The extracted peptides are suitable for mass spectrometry analysis without any subsequent treatments or cleaning procedures.
The InGel™ kit is supplied with all the necessary reagents for 100 protein spots and includes:
• SilverOUT™ destaining reagent.
• A mass spectrometry grade trypsin with minimal autolysis and increases stability.
• Trypsin Digestion Buffer for optimal trypsin activity.
• Pep-Extract™ Buffer, for high level peptide extraction.
• Supplied with a mass spectrometry grade (MSG) trypsin.
• Suitable or digestion and extraction of 100 protein spots.
• Quality tested for mass spectrometry applications.
• Suitable for 2D gels stained with silver stain, Coomassie dye, and other methods.
• Suitable for digestion of protein spots within gel for mass spectrometry application.
• Gahlaut, A. and Dabur, R. (2014) Int. J. Pharm. Pharm. Sci. 6:784
• Sharma, R. et al (2013) J. Mol. Catal. B-Enzym. 91:8
• Hassan, B.H. and Cronan, J.E. (2011) JBC. 286:8263
Instruction sheet (PDF)