BindPro™ Protein Removal for Drug Binding/Screening and Metabolomics
BindPro can eliminate the artifacts of protein contamination and improve study of amino acids, sugars,
lipids, nu-cleotides, and other biomolecules from biological tissues and fluids.
BindPro™ is a polymeric protein removal suspension reagent. It is designed as an alternative to ultrafiltration
for applications that require a more versatile or scaleable format. BindPro™ also can be used in lieu of
solvents for drug binding studies, especially useful for analytes that are water soluble. Consequently,
BindPro™ has applications in a range of drug binding, screening and metabolomic investigations.If desired,
proteins can be recovered from BindPro™ under moderately alkaline conditions.
• Serum and plasma protein removal, >95%
• Applicable for drug binding/screening, metabolomics and protein recovery
• Linearly scaleable, unlike ultrafiltration
• Suitable for use with surfactants, chaotropes, water-soluble analytes
• Fast process, less than 15 minutes from application to separation
Lane 1: Plasma control
Lane 2: Plasma after treatment with BindPro™
* Note: Protein bands are not present indicated quantitative protein binding to
Lane 3: Eluent from BindPro™
* Note: If necessary, proteins bound can be quantitatively recovered from BindPro™.
Turner, Joseph D., R. Stuart Langley, Kelly L. Johnston, Katrin Gentil, Louise Ford, Bo Wu, Maia Graham et
al. "Wolbachia lipoprotein stimulates innate and adaptive immunity through Toll-like receptors 2 and 6 to induce disease manifestations of filariasis." Journal of Biological Chemistry 284, no. 33 (2009): 22364-22378.